Gambling addiction is an illness that affects the whole life of the addict and their relatives. Experts estimate that for each gambling addict at least another seven people are also affected. The illness is generally not noticed immediately because it creeps up subtly and can often be concealed by the addict over a long period of time.
- Do you often think about your gambling behavior?
- Do you want to stop gambling and need help in doing so?
- Do you think that you are a gambling addict and want advice?
- Do you suspect that someone close to you might be a gambling addict?
- Are you a relative of a gambling addict who has some questions you would like answered?
- Do you want to help a gambling addict but don’t know how to go about doing so?
If you are seeking some initial help and advice, please feel free to contact the Casinos Austria and Austrian Lotteries Group’s free nationwide responsible gaming hotline on the following number: 0800 202 304
All calls to this hotline are treated with absolute discretion and in total confidence.
You can also contact one of the counseling centers and/or treatment facilities that are available across Austria. An up-to-date list of their addresses and telephone numbers can be found here.